What Are The Advantages Of Betting Bots?
- The key advantage of betting bots is that they don’t need to eat, sleep or go to work. They can just sit there betting, and laying, as instructed. They can be in operation 24/7 and they can refresh the page in front of them again and again without feeling bored or tired. So when the odds and the game situation coincide just as you want them to, the bot will know and will react accordingly.
- As they respond to a long list of variables, the best bots will do as they are told when they are told to. Over the course of 90 minutes of football, or even five days of cricket, they can place more bets than a human can over the same period. This means they are far more diligent and can capitalise on every developing situation. You may be able to catch some of these changes, but it’s unlikely you’d notice and have time to respond to them all: bots, however, are ruthlessly efficient.
- The best betting bots can be programmed to run different strategies. If you have competing theories for the best betting strategy, you can set one against the other and compare them. Rather than a long process of trial and error, you can run an ongoing experiment to find the strategy that works for you. Also, by programming in a stop-loss, you don’t need to leave a failing strategy running for any longer than is necessary. Conclusion: Betting bots are automated, so they will literally do what you want them to do… and they’ll probably do it better than you could yourself.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Betting Bots?
- One of the advantages of betting bots is that they will do exactly what you tell them to do, but this is also a disadvantage. Bots will do what you tell them to do until you tell them to stop. They won’t think “oh, this bet is looking bad, I’d better get out of it” unless you’ve told them to do that. Loopholes and wrinkles that would be obvious to a human eye might well fly over the bot’s virtual head, which means your betting strategy lacks an element of reactivity.
- A major feature of in-play betting is the bettor watching a game and thinking “hmm, (Team A) are playing very well”, and expecting they will score before long. They back this judgement with a bet on Team A to score next. A bot has no concept of whether Team A are playing well or not. It reacts only to changing numbers, and there is no substitute for human perception. An AI program will never twig, for example, that the visiting side’s left-back keeps getting caught in possession.
- One of the key reasons that bookmakers ban people from their platforms is known as “unusual betting patterns”. These unusual patterns can include placing a lot of bets in a short time or overloading the system with constant refreshes. Both of these behaviours are common habits of betting bots. Simply put, you might win money with a bot, but you might also get banned for using one. You will then have a battle on your hands to withdraw any winnings. Conclusion: With no autonomy of their own and the risk that they will get you shut out of your betting accounts, betting bots’ downsides are substantial.